Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Salzburg with Odette (10. Dez.09)

Hey, people. Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while: things have gotten really busy all of a sudden. Anyway, it's Christmas break and I don't have as much access to internet as when classes are in session. So if you don't hear from me between now and January 6, don't be alarmed; I'm cut off, but I'm not dead. Ok, on that note, let me tell you of this event.
On December 10, Odette Ferreira, the director of ACA (Adventist Colleges Abroad), made her annual visit to Bogi (in her rounds of visiting all ACA schools). That evening, she treated all of us 3 students and all our 2 German teachers to a night out in Salzburg. We started the evening with an Advent (Christmas) concert. Next, we wandered through a Weihnachtsmarkt (outdoor Christmas market). Finally, we had dinner at an Italian restaurant; talked, laughed, discussed, and so forth until we drove back to campus. It was a really nice evening. We had fun (and a small little accident--a bump on the van) and now I'm thinking about French in France for next year. Hey, who knows?
Right at the Roman hall, where the concert was held.

The Salzburger Dome at the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas market)
Some of the ornaments on sale.
and other random stuff for every taste.


Another angle of the Salzburger Dome and the University of Salzburg.



The tree in the main square.


Some charming candle holders.




At the Italian restaurant. I thought, you know, those jumping Bogi fish have been tempting me for way too long: I'm ordering fish! I do not regret it at all.




The next day, Odette had to leave. I understand that she is retiring, so this is her last trip to Bogi--at least as the director of ACA. I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Besides, this is not the 1st time we've met.
Ah, and next, the Weihnachtskonzert (Christmas concert)!

No comments:

Post a Comment