Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Interuption

Guys, I have something I need to say and it's not easy.
I just found out this morning that my mom has cancer and it's pretty advanced. The not so bad side is that it's ovarian cancer, so the surgeons will take her ovaries out and then she'll be fine; I just hope it hasn't spread to any other organs.
I got a plane ticket home for as soon as I could (and which didn't break the bank [too] much).
I'll be flying home on 31. Dez. around 7:25 in the morning from Munich, and I should touch-down in Salisbury around 20:03 the same day (long day ahead). I am needed home 'cause mom needs someone to look over Julia, my sister.
Even though Julia is 2 years older, she's autistic and is totally dependent on mom. Mom bathes her and wipes her when she goes to the toilet. Mom still has to dress her, although Julia can do some of it herself. . . yeah, it's not easy; but someone needs to be there for Julia while mom is in the hospital.
I have no idea when I'll be back in Bogi. I spent a good portion of today packing and such, but I won't be taking absolutely everything with me back home. If I do, I'll be way over the weight-limit and will need to check in at least 1 extra bag. If anything, I'll have an excuse to come back. ;-)
I cannot tell you how much of a shock this is for me. Mom is the strongest person I know, besides my dad. I am not kidding: if someone were to tell me she was made of iron, I'd believe it. . . but even iron rusts. Just this weekend, she ran about 6 miles (>10 km). She had no idea she had cancer to begin with until Sunday or yesterday, much less that is was so advanced.
She just went to the doctor 'cause she felt a little pain. When they did the tests, they wanted to send her to the hospital by ambulance immediately (she was at a small clinic). They told mom she had cancer. She drove to the hospital (about 1.5 hour away), was checked, and confirmed. She should have stayed in the hospital, but then who was going to watch over Julia? Julia is strong too and difficult to control (in order to give her a shot, 3-4 nurses are needed to hold her down). I'm in Europe and Dad is most likely in another state (dad's a truck-driver who drives all-over the North American continent--including Canada). So, she was given a few pills and a prescription and allowed to go home.
Now she's waiting for me.
God willing, I'll be home Thursday night. Dad will be home sometime tomorrow as well. God willing, all will work out fine. He knows what He is doing. No matter what happens, I know His way is best.
God, I ask You to take my hand and lead me through this dark valley. Lead me with Your light. . . oh wait, nevermind: You already are. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment