Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Business with Pleasure

I thought I'd share my pictures from my trip to Silver Spring and Washington DC here; at least I have space and more flexibility here than I do on Facebook.



Anyway, I had my Visa Interview yesterday (July 6) at the Korean Consulate at 14:30. I also have a really good friend from Bogi who's working at the Ellen White Estate in the General Conference . . . haven't seen him since he arrived to this country . . . figured that needed to change.


So, he showed me around the GC, hung out together, drove me to the Consulate and waited with me, then visited a few of the monuments afterwards. It was nice being a tourist in my own country; especially with a friend. This was one of the best days I've had in a while.




The entrance to the GC . . . from the other side of the round-a-bout.

Yeap, that's the address.


I made it!
This was my first time driving out of Delmarva. I can navigate, just that 1st-time experiences can be really exciting and uncertain.

(I took a few pictures inside, but they didn't turn out as well as I thought. Better luck next time, hopefully).



How many ways can I interpret a ramp at the GC?

















Reflecting pool







Walking up to the Lincoln Memorial.



Hey Stefan!




Playing with angles



Don't let the picture fool you; there were plenty of people there.



Close-up!





Playing with angles again.










From the Lincoln Memorial, looking East. It was about 100 degrees Fahrenheit that day; can't you tell by my face?





Timeless Atlantic





Well, I live by its coast . . .











Thank you again Stefan, for stitching my pictures together for this panoramic shot! (and editing while you were at it)












Curiosity got the best of me (referring to the editing).






The Pacific side






Most of the pool with the Pacific side




Washington always hovering over.



A photographer shoots out in front.




My best attempt to get the entire obelisk in 1 picture-no editing except for the black-and-white.



The work and help of Stefan and his photo-stitch program.




Under Washington's shadow (and breeze).


Jefferson Memorial




Western angle




Ladies and gentlemen, President Thomas Jefferson.








Wonder and awe, or observation and fatigue?

Well, I had a really great day and a good time. Sure, we drove around in circles for a bit (GPS didn't know of a few closed roads), I drove 5 hrs. just to get there and back, got home a little after midnight and didn't get to go to bed til a little after 1:30, but this day was totally worth it. I would love to do this again; just no idea when. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment