Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Break with Monica (Day 1)


On July 17, my one of my best friends from Southern (Monica), flew up to DC to be at a friend's wedding the next day, tour DC for a few days, then return to Collegedale. We agreed to meet and take advantage of the opportunity to spend some time together (a break from our respective lives).

Monica flew into Ronald Reagan National Airport in DC. Her flight was delayed, so I explored the airport a bit. Of course, I did not explore empty-handed.


An overview of Ronald Reagan National Airport in Washington DC.




I guess this helps to emphasize the "National" in Ronald Reagan National Airport.





One of the mosaic circles. This is 4 maps of Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware before they became states in the early 1700s. I'm excited to see the peninsula . . . you know, slightly biased.



Kinda funky. . . obviously got my attention.




A little interpretation on the 2nd level.




Another interpretation just inside from the courtyard.





The Original.




I went over to the older section of the airport and here was the old symbol for the airport on one of the gates.




A little museum/exhibition of the history of the airport and a nearby farm that used to be and the owners of that farm that was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment