Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Break with Monica (Day 6)

This was the day of the monuments and leaving DC before rush-hour traffic.

By the Jefferson Memorial.


The Japanese Pagoda. This was really disappointing; we thought it was going to be something big and impressive . . . nope, it wasn't. Maybe I just don't know the meaning behind it.



Part of FDR's Memorial.



I like water.




On our way towards the Jefferson Memorial.



On our way there, we met George Mason.




Thomas Jefferson standing tall, just where I left him.




Hello Mr. Jefferson, remember me?



A person to look up to.




I like columns, as you're about to see in the next pictures.



Nice sunny day.



Let's try a different angle on this. . . .
From here, we went to the Lincoln Memorial and left to try to avoid DC ruch-hour traffic. Didn't succeed in avoiding it very well, but it was done. Then we drove the 2.5 hr. (+/-) back to my humble abode. Not very many pictures taken until we went to Ocean City, Maryland; just 30 miles (48 km) east of the town where I live. Those pictures are in the next and last day (with pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment