Monday, April 5, 2010

My Favorite Europeans

I wanted to share a few pictures I took while I was in Bogi from 25th til 29th of March. Unlike most of the pictures I've taken before, I concentrated on my friends this time (as opposed to nature or architecture). So, here below, are some of "my favorite Europeans":




Ewelina (pronounced "Evelina"; SM from Poland). She's a very sweet and beautiful person: always a joy to be around her.




Alexander and Daniel (SMs from Ukraine). These happen to be the 2 guys who picked me up from the Munich airport when I arrived. These guys can always make me laugh (then again, that's not very hard either).




Heidi (SM from Sweden) and I. She's like a sister to me. Heidi is one of the most serene people I've ever met (seriously, this girl emits tranquility), but by no means does this mean that she doesn't know how to have a fun time; on the contrary! I can't count all the times we've laughed together!



Christian Graf (Theo student from Egypt/Germany). I can say so many things about this guy, but I'll limit myself to this: I am eternally grateful to God for allowing me the opportunity to meet, get to know, and befriend this man. He truly is a Godsend; especially during the last 3 months.





L to R: Christian, Russlan (an SM from Ukraine), and Daniel. When Russlan found out that I wanted to learn Russian, he offered to teach me (he was already tutoring a few other people). My problem was that I was trying to better my German (and I was also just picking up French), so this just wasn't the time for me to try.

These guys are all caring and sweet men. They are just great: I truly love them.



Nargiza (SM from Uzbekistan) and Christian Henzel (SM from Germany). Nargiza, I just met in this trip; but from the few interactions I've had with her, she is a truly sweet and altruistic person.

Henzel has been in Bogi for a while (he was there my 1st time back in 2006). He is a very hard worker and a "happy-go-lucky" kind of guy. He's a lot of fun to be around.

Apparently, he was anxious to devour the delicacy set before him. :-P





*For the record, "SM"="Student Missionary".



I really do love these people. I cannot be reunited with them too soon.


God, thank you for the gift of friendship you've given me through these people. I feel as though I got a taste of heaven through them. I don't deserve friends like these . . . but then again, this just goes to show how truly amazing Your grace really is. Thank you, my Father and my God.







No comments:

Post a Comment