Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wandertag (Hiking day)

The day after we got back from Salzburg, the entire school went to the Austrian Alps for their annual Wandertag, or "Hiking Day." The place we went to is called Bad Sportgastein (about 2.5 hour bus ride south from Bogi).

I didn't really care much for going. I went last time I was here as well, only we went to a completely different place this time. I actually got to the top of the first mountain! Last time I got about 1/4 of the way and it was too much for me. Of course, this mountain was shorter than the first one, but there were others right by this one. I was content with making it to the top of one mountain. Besides, it took about an hour for me to get there. Most of the students are hard-core hikers: when they hike, they hike mountains! It was nice being out again, but I was really grateful for the fresh mountain air.


Of course, there's no way I was going on any trip without a camera, so here are some of the pictures I took:



At the parking lot.



A charming house on the mountainside.

So, who's ready to start?


One of the lovely views.


This guy had a really good idea.


This is what you find at the summit of every mountain in Austria.


Whoa, I made it.


Now, let's check out the view


The summit of the 1st/smaller mountain, with it's cross and tavern.

Ah look, a lake several hundred meters above sea level.


This was by the first summit. I didn't go further. I couldn't. I was getting dizzy.


Of course, what's a mountain without mountain goats?

A close-up


Alright, well, it was fun and all, but now I'm on my way back to the bus.
Just on my way down.

No comments:

Post a Comment