Thursday, October 29, 2009

Random wanderings around Hagenau and Braunau

Welcome to Hagenau! This is a village about a quarter of a mile away from campus (maybe shorter). Other than private homes, a tavern, a castle, and scenic routes there is nothing here. I really like this little village. The routes provide exercise and sanity-recovering opportunities. I just like to look at and take pictures of the castle. Anyway, why don't I just show you the pictures I've taken so far?
Arriving to Schloss Hagenau (Hagenau castle)





Right by the Hagenau Schloss



An artistic interpretation.
The Original.


Finally, a decent picture (so far) of the 3 flags on the Bogenhofen sign.
L to R: Bogi, Austria, Seventh-day Adventist Church.

I came across a really old backery (I forgot which century) in Braunau. Here are just a few delicacies from the different Austrian states . . .

. . . and the continuation.


This was taken in Simbach, Germany. This statue is right in front of the bridge that connects Germany with Austria. In the distance, you can see Braunau, Austria. I wonder what the residence of Simbach are saying to the residence of Braunau with this statue. If you're driving into Germany, what you see is the man's butt. Subliminal message? Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment