Thursday, October 1, 2009

Neauschwanstein

The Sprachschul went to Neauschwanstein on Sunday, 28. Sept. This was an all-day event. We left Bogi at 8-something and got back to Bogi about 23:30. . . yeah, it was a long day, but it was fun. This is my 2nd time going. Naturally, there were a few things that were different.
First of all, a different--and much smaller--group went. Last time, we went in the end of the year; this time, we went during the beginning, just to try to get as many trips as we can (the weather has been great lately). Also, we had to go through Munich now. Let me explain. We had to go through Munich last time too, the only difference is that we did go through Munich during Oktoberfest, like we did now. QUITE a difference. The things people do when their drunk, funny and scary. Oh yeah, last time it was rainy: this time was hazy with some sun.


Now, off to the pictures!




We had a 4+hr. train ride (counting connections) one-way: I needed to distract myself.






We got to the 1st castle, Hohenschwangau, and we had about 20 minutes til the tour began. Camera in hand, will use. . . . and play with the editing settings when I get back. :-)











When I think of Bayern (Bavaria), I don't think of citrus fruits, yet some are grown.




View to the town below and the mountain just across from Hohenschwangau.


Schloss (Castle) Hohenschwangau


Taken on Marienbruecke, an old and creaky bridge. No worries, it's always congested with tourists, so no one can really fall off without at least 2 people noticing. Not as convienient when you want to take a picture though.



Going back to Neauschwanstein from the bridge.



Behold, the gate.



We had a while to wait here as well.
So let's have fun with it.




Now we're in the gate, walking towards the hall where the tour starts.




I think we were Tour Group #495. You can see the number below.




One last picture before we leave. . .


Ok, another "last one", only with a paraglider in the background.


Ah, yes! I'm caught up! I'm now up-to-date with my blog. We haven't gone on much other trips or such. We need to get to work and actually start studying. :-)
I didn't take that many pictures 'cause I was already here before. If you want to see the pictures from my first time, you'll have to go to my 1st blog: http://www.joannsbogi.blogspot.com/.
Hope to hear from you people soon (whenever you have time, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment