Saturday, March 13, 2010

Looking better

Just got home about 30 min. ago from visiting mom in the hospice. This is the third day mom has been there, and I must say . . . I've seen a lot of progress!

When I went to see her on Thursday (her first day there), she had not vomited at all, though she had diarrhea instead. As far as I am concerned, this is better. This means the food actually made its way to the stomach and was processed--maybe not very much, but a whole lot more than if it were regurgitated!

Since yesterday (Friday), mom hasn't had any more diarrhea! Granted, they haven't been giving her a lot of food (mostly soup, tea, ice cream, pudding, etc.), but still, that is progress! Mom seems to be one of the stronger patients there and appears as though she will be able to go back home, although I'm gonna have to wait 'til Monday to have a better idea (the doctor wasn't there today, but he will be on Monday).

I've got an appointment with the county's Department of Health to see what we can do for Julia on Tuesday. Also, I'll be able to speak with one of the social workers at the hospice on Monday. So yeah, things are picking up and we'll see what I can find out, starting Monday.

God, thank You for all You have done til now: no matter how it turns out, may Your Name be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment