Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter Storm and Tomorrow's Storm

Hi, sorry for not posting anything for a while; it's just that there wasn't anything new to post.




Wait, no: I lied.




This Friday night and Sabbath (29.-30. Jan.) fell the largest winter storm I've ever seen in this area. Normally, we have about 2 inches (5 cm) of snow fall in one night. After the snow fell that night and all of Sabbath day, we had almost a foot (30.5 cm) of snow! I never thought I'd see so much snow in this area! I have no idea when was the last time it snowed this hard. Here are some pictures I took (by now you should know I can't resist an opportunity like this):
Say "hello" to our family car




My foot buried in the snow, about half-way up my shin.


The lantern in front of my window, but from the complex's entrance.

Even though a lot has melted and been shoved out of the way, there is still a lot of snow and ice on the ground--and we're supposed to get more this coming weekend. . .
The surgery is tomorrow and mom is on a liquid diet. Praise God, dad is here. He got in Sunday night/Monday early morning. Mom is having mixed feelings: she wants the surgery done and over with, but she's a little nervous about going under the knife. She is 52 and she's never had an operation done on her before. Sure, she's been hospitalized, but only when giving birth to my sister and I. May God be with her today and tomorrow. Please, don't stop praying for her. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment