Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another Storm on the Horizon


Hi guys. It's been over a week since mom returned home. Yesterday, we went to the hospital so mom could get her staples out (they used staples instead of stitches). Mom didn't want me to see, but after begging, she was reluctant and showed me her cut. I couldn't count all of them, but it appeared to be about 40 staples.

After we came home, we remembered the tests that were done on mom and I tried to call to see if the results were in. If someone answered, I was directed to voicemail: basically, I was back where I started. So we went today to the hospital (here in Salisbury) and spoke with the doctor's assistant.

Mom had cancer. It was in her ovaries as well as her uterus. Good thing is that all of that is removed. Bad thing is that mom's not out of danger. She needs to go into treatment, but the doctor has to see her to know which kind she should take (Chemo, Radiation, both, neither, etc.). Basically, since I made the assistant aware of Julia's situation, she said that mom is still gonna need help.

On top of that, I just got a call from one of the doctor's assistants in Baltimore saying that they found cancer around her stomach (in 2 out of 5 places).

It's still too early to tell, but I have been faced with a possibility I didn't want to think of: I might not return to Bogi. Also, I'm supposed to graduate this May from Southern; no idea if I'm going to that either (although that's not really important).

There are many questions, but we must wait til next week for possible answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment