Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shock, utter shock: I’m here in Bogenhofen and I am in utter shock.

I left Wednesday afternoon (Sept. 9) from Philadelphia @ 16:10 and stopped in Chicago and London before I made it to Munich @ 16:35-ish Thursday afternoon (Sept. 10). After praising God that all my luggage made it to Munich with me, I was picked up and taken to Bogi. As we drove in to the campus, I felt utter shock.
I’m back… I’m actually back in Bogi… whoa… These were the sum of my thoughts. I couldn’t believe I was back. I’d reverie about it and yearn for it, but I never really thought I was going to accomplish this.
Normally, when someone goes abroad, it’s for 1 year and 1 year only. Financial means are beyond providing more than 1 year—if able to provide a year at all! Most college students are anxious to graduate as soon as possible or just have a different set of priorities. God has blessed me with the opportunity to go once and for me to return for a second time. God is amazing.
Well, there are a few changes to the scene. First of all, the language school is made up of a grand total of 4 students... including yours truly. I'm pretty much the only one in the Intermediate/Advanced level, so I'll be reviewing while the other 3 guys are learning. I think I'm gonna take up French while I'm here. I need it for grad school, and there isn't much else they're having me do, so yeah.
The second is the place and the people. They are building a new and bigger cafeteria/administration building. It's gonna have all the offices of all the teachers and a computer lab as well. It's weird to came back and see the academy freshmen from last time about to graduate this year. Same with the Theo. students. I knew it was gonna happen, it's just different to see it and live it.
Well, I don't have much time right now. This is the first time I've been able to go online since I got here on Thursday, and I dunno when the next time will be. Internet is not something I can depend on for the time being. Until next time, this will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment