Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rude Awakening

It's Saturday night right now. This morning, not too long before 8, I had to drive mom to the hosptial. The pain has come back--not as bad as the first time, but still pretty bad. She couldn't sleep at all last night from the pain (not to mention she vomited twice). I woke up to her vomiting the second time (not quite rested, but awake enough to know I need to drive NOW). Mom got ready as best as she could and I got Julia and myself ready as well for the drive to the emergency room.
We were there from about 8 and left (with mom) around quarter 'til noon. They couldn't keep her there or operate on her. The doctor who can operate on her is and works in Baltimore. He does come down to this hospital, but that's about once every 4 months or so. We/mom cannot wait that long. The nurse who attended mom told me to call the doctor everyday, asking for an operation date everyday until he breaks down and gives us one (hopefully within the next 2 weeks).
They sent mom home with prescriptions for pain-killers and other side-effects. It's frustrating: we have to wait with something that should be removed immediately. Mom's feeling better now (pain-wise), but she's desperate to have the surgery and get this tumor out of her body. So am I. Please continue to pray for my mom and that an operation date can be made very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment